For the filling
- 1 teasp Peanut Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 teasp Freshly grated Ginger
- 2 Spring Onions, chopped
- 50g/2oz Oyster Mushrooms, chopped
- 50g/2oz Fried Bean Curd, chopped
- 50g/2oz Grated Carrot
- 1/2 small stick Celery, very thinly sliced
- 1 teasp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 12 x 125mm/5 inch square Spring Roll Wrappers
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Oil for deep frying
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the garlic, ginger, celery and spring onions and stir fry until softened.
2. Add the mushrooms, bean curd and carrots and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the cornflour and soy sauce. Blend well and allow to cool.
4. Place a tablespoon of the filling across the end of a wrapper, leaving a border of 1cm/1/2 inch on each side. Start rolling up the wrapper and when you get to 3/4 of the way , fold over the edges to enclose the filling.
5. Brush the remaining wrapper with a little beaten egg then continue to roll up the parcel. Repeat this process with all the wrappers. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
6. Preheat the oil to 180C, 350F. Fry the spring rolls, a few at a time, until golden and cooked through. Drain on Kitchen paper and keep warm whilst you fry the rest of the rolls. Serve immediately with a dipping sauce.