- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 50g/4oz Shelled Prawns, chopped
- 75g/3oz Minced Pork
- 50g/2oz Bean Sprouts
- 2 teasp Peanut Oil
- 1/2 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 25g/1oz Grated Carrot
- 1 teasp Freshly grated Ginger
- 2 teasp Soy Sauce
- 2 teasp Oyster Sauce
- 1 teasp Freshly chopped Coriander
- 12 x 15cm/6-inch square wrappers
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the garlic, ginger and carrot and stir fry until softened.
2. Raise the heat and add the pork and prawns and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Then add the bean sprouts and stir fry for a further 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Blend well and allow to cool.
4. Divide the filling into 12 portions then place the filling across the end of each wrapper, leaving a border of 1cm/1/2 inch on each side. Start rolling up the wrapper and when you get to 3/4 of the way , fold over the edges to enclose the filling.
5. Brush the remaining wrapper with a little beaten egg then continue to roll up the parcel. Repeat this process with all the wrappers. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
6. Preheat the oil to 180C, 350F. Fry the spring rolls, a few at a time, until golden and cooked through. Drain on Kitchen paper and keep warm whilst you fry the rest of the rolls. Serve immediately with a dipping sauce.