- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned
- 1 Egg White, lightly beaten
- 4 teasp Cornflour
- 1 teasp Soy Sauce
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 Green Capsicum (Sweet Pepper) deseeded
- 1/2 Red Capsicum deseeded
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 teasp Sugar
- 1/2 teasp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 teasp grated fresh Ginger
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 180ml/6fl.oz. Chicken Stock
- Unsalted Peanuts to garnish
1. Cut the chicken into cubes about 2.5cm/1 inch. Mix together the egg white, 1 teaspoon of the cornflour, soy sauce and black pepper in large bowl. Add the chicken, mix well, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour, mixing occasionally.
2. Cut the red and green peppers into thin strips and slice the onion very thinly and separate into rings. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch, water, sugar and sesame oil.
3. Heat the peanut oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the onion is golden and soft. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken has turned white and opaque.
4. Add the Hoisin sauce and cook stirring for about 30-45 seconds then stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
5. Add the green and red pepper and stir-fry for a further 1 minute. Add the cornflour mixture and continue to cook stirring until thickened.
6. To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately.