- 275g/10oz Long Grain Rice
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 225g/8oz Back Bacon Rashers, cut into strips
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 8 Spring Onions, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 175g/6oz Frozen Peas
- 200g/7oz Bean Sprouts
- 250g/9oz Peeled Prawns
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Dry Sherry
- 1 teasp Honey
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
1. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the rice and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Bring back to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan. Beat the eggs lightly and pour them into the pan or wok, tipping it to make a thin omelette. Cook over a moderate heat until set, then turn the omelet onto a plate to cool.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the bacon over a moderate heat until crisp.
4. Add the carrots to the bacon, reduce the heat and leave them to sauté gently for 5 minutes then add the spring onions, garlic and petit pois and continue to cook for a few minutes.
5. Rinse and drain the bean sprouts and add them to the pan. Turn up the heat, stir-fry them for 1 minute, then add the prawns.
6. Drain the rice, slice the omelette into thin strips and add to the wok. Add the soy sauce, sherry and honey to the pan, then add the sesame oil. Mix together thoroughly and stir-fry over a high heat for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is dry. Serve immediately.