- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Freshly grated Root Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 275g/10oz Spinach, Finely chopped
- 15 Wonton Wrappers
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large pan. Add the ginger and garlic, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
2. Add the spinach and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes until soft.
3. Remove from the heat and add the salt. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and allow to cool completely.
4. Place wonton wrappers on a work surface and cover with a damp kitchen towel.
5. Place 2 teaspoons of filling in the centre of a wonton skin and brush the edges of the wrapper with water. Gather the edges together and twist to seal. Set aside and cover with a damp tea towel. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
6. Arrange the dumplings in steamer which has been lined with parchment paper, cover and steam for 10 minutes, adding more boiling water if necessary.
7. To serve - transfer the dumplings to a warmed platter and serve hot with soy sauce.