For the filling
- 175g/5oz Plain Flour
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Warm Water
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Cold Water
- 350g/12oz Minced Pork
- 1 small Egg
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 teasp Rice Wine or Sherry
- 100g/4oz Prawns or Shrimps, chopped
- 125g/5oz Bok Choy, chopped
- 1 Level Tbsp finely chopped Onion
- 1 Level teasp Freshly Grated Root Ginger
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the warm water to the flour and stir well, then add the cold water. Knead the dough until smooth, cover with a tea towel, and allow to stand for at least 20 minutes.
2.Place the the pork, shrimp, green onion, ginger, bok choy, salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, egg, cornstarch, and wine in a large mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
3. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth.
4. Cut the dough into 20 equal pieces then flatten each piece of dough, and roll it into a thin circle approximately 8cm/3 inches across.
5. Place 2 heaped teaspoons of the meat mixture in the center of each circle then fold in half, to form a semicircle shape. Press to seal the edges.
6. Heat a large frying pan and add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. When oil is very hot (but not smoking), add the dumplings a few at a time, making sure they don't touch one another. Cover the pan and cook the dumplings on high heat for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with cold water, cover and cook for a further five minutes. (This will steam the top of the dumplings). Repeat adding water a further two times until the bottom of the dumplings are a golden brown color.
8. Serve immediately with soy sauce.