- 1kg/2lb Boned Leg of Pork
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Dry Sherry
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 150ml/5fl.oz. Chicken Stock
- 1 Star Anise
1. Remove the skin from the pork, leaving a thin layer of fat on the meat. Wipe and tie into a neat shape with string.
2. In a large bowl mix together the soy and hoisin sauces, honey, sugar, sherry and salt, add the pork and turn in the marinade to coat well, rubbing it in with your hands. Cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6.
4. Heat the sesame oil in the casserole and fry the pork over a high heat until lightly browned on all sides. Add any marinade left in the bowl, the stock and the star anise, and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, baste the pork with the juices, then cover and cook in the centre of the oven for about 1-1/2 hours, basting the pork every 20 minutes.
5. To serve - place the meat on a warmed serving platter and remove the string. Carve into thick slices and serve hot.