- 150ml/5fl.oz. Oyster Sauce
- 400g//14oz Lean Beef Steak (e.g. Rump, fillet)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 6 Spring Onions, sliced diagonally
- 100g/4oz Oyster Mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and Black pepper
- 225g/8oz tinned Water Chestnuts, sliced
1. Slice the meat thinly into 5cm/2 inch length pieces then place in a bowl together with the oyster sauce, mix well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. After the marinating time, heat the oil in a large pan, add the beef and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the onions and mushrooms and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until softened.
4. Season with salt and pepper then add the water chestnuts and heat through.
5. To serve - transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately.