- 450g/1lb Rump steak
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 8 Spring Onions, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm/1 inch Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
- 100g/4oz Unsalted Cashew Nuts
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Water
- 4 teasp Cornflour
- 4 teasp Soy Sauce
- 1 teasp Sesame Oil
- 2 teasp Oyster Sauce
- 1 teasp Chilli Sauce
1. Trim the meat and cut into very thin slices about 5cm/2 inches long. In a mixing bowl, blend together the water, cornflour, soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce and chili sauce. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok until very hot then add half the beef and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining beef and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside with the first batch of beef.
3. Add the remaining vegetable oil to the frying pan and heat until very hot. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and cashews and stir-fry 1 minute.
4. Add the beef to the pan and stir fry, over a high heat, for 2 minutes then pour in the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook over a high heat, stirring all the time, until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.