The city of Nanjing, situated in the downstream Yangtze River, has an important place in Chinese history and its culture. It was the capital of the country for several historical periods.
In addition, Nanjing has always been a national center of education, research, transportation and tourism as well as an important port.
Today the city covers an area of 6,596 square kilometers and has a population of over 6.120 million, becoming the second biggest commercial hub in the Eastern China, just behind Shanghai.
Naining is the capital of the Jiangsu Province and is divided into 11 urban districts and 2 counties:
Luhe District (Formerly Luhe County).
Jiangning District (Formerly Jiangning County).
More info about Nanjing:
Postal code: 210000 - 211300.
Area code: +86/25.
- Nanjing University (1902).
- Nanjing Union Theological Seminary (1952).
- Nanjing Astronomical Observatory.
- Yangtze River Bridge (1968).
- Dr. Sun Yat-sen tomb (1929).
- Ming emperor's tombs (14th century).
Compare hotel rates and availability