Main shopping street:
Zhengyang Pedestrian Street: Located in the center of Guilin town. Modern articles, delicious foods and entertainment sites are always available on this street.
Zhongshan Road: It's one of the Guilin's most busy street withlarge-scale stores. One can find all kinds of local snacks, artwares and souvenirs on this street. No traffic allowed in the evening when the street is for pedestrian only.
Neighboring the Zhengyang street It is the town Central Square that has become the heart of Guilin. On the ground of the square is a world map paved by granite stones. Any tourists could find their country's location via the stone map.
Some things to buy:
• Jewelry: Gold, silver, jade and pearl wares such as broaches, bracelets, pendants, necklaces, earrings, and rings are dainty in design with strong ethnic features.
- Yinhai Pearl Company: Situated in Guixing Hotel, Qixing Road.
- Jiashan Pearl Shop: Situated at No.5 Taohuajiang Road.
Specialty: Pearl handicrafts
- Wanya Jewelry Co., Ltd Exhibition Hall: Situated at No.211, Lizhong Road.
Specialty: necklace, bracelets, rings, earrings, Gems and pendants
- Ziyuan Pearl Company: Situated at No.35 Xishan Road.
Specialty: Over 600 different creations from pearls such as pearl necklaces, bracelets, rings, ties, etc.
- Jubao Ge: Situated at No. 18 Longyin Road
Specialty: Jewelry production & sales. Professional appraisers appreciate jewelry for customers.
• Paintings and Calligraphy: Traditional Chinese painting of mountains and waters will surely satisfy tourists and travelers who love arts and Chinese cultural.
The beautiful waters and mountains have attracted several artists since the Song Dynasty. Modern artists like Qi Baishi, Huang Binhong, Li Keran, XU Beihong, etc, all created precious works after visiting Guilin.
- Guilin Antique Shop: Situated at No.2 Shahu North Road
Specialty: chinaware,calligraphy works, jade articles, Old paintings, handicrafts, etc.
- Bagui Zhai: Situated at No.1 Rong Hu South Road
Specialty: Paintings & calligraphy works & souvenirs.
- Guilin Museum Paintings and Calligraphy Works Shop: Situated in Fl. 1, Guilin Museum
Specialty: Calligraphy works, the 4 treasures of the study, Paintings, jade articles, jewelry, cotton and silk, etc.